Job Hours: Monday - Thursday, 5am - 3pm
Operate a number of conventional automatic and non-automatic metal working machines, such as (but not all inclusive of) countersink, presses, saw, hole punch, drill, grinder and gangmill to perform standardized machining operations on manufactured Roton hinges or Threshold/Weather-Stripping product.
- Read and interpret blueprints and routing sheet to determine material requirements and sequence of operation.
- Position work-piece against stops, alignment blocks or alignment pins and engage machine to complete operation.
- Stack and move work from station to station.
- Maintain and lubricate machine tools and equipment.
- Operate machine to prove out set ups and produce a pilot work-piece for inspection purposes; measure work-piece dimensions using measuring instruments, such as (but not limited to) calipers, height gauges, tape measure and templates.
- Follow all safety and environmental procedures.
- Perform quality checks.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
Position Qualification Requirements
High school or general equivalent diploma (GED).
Six months prior Machine Operator or equivalent experience.
Skills + Knowledge
Requires ability to read and write English, comprehend oral and written instructions, add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, decimals and fractions and use adjustable measuring instructions where interpretation is required.
Physical Activities + Demands
Physical demands commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job which requires the ability to stand, walk, reach, push, pull, grasp, talk, hear, and see. The employee is required to lift over 25 to 60 pounds occasionally and/or 1 to 5 pounds continuously from floor to waist and move a distance of 6 to 8 feet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to maintain a level state of alertness while performing this job.
Machines, Tools, Equipment + Work Aids
Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position. Metal Working Machines, Tape measure, Height Gauge, Calipers, Templates, Dies.
Veterans, reservists, and military spouses are encouraged to apply!
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
We offer an excellent benefits package and competitive salary. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life, employer-paid short-term disability, and other ancillary benefits. Hager offers PTO, company paid holidays, 401(k), and an incentive bonus plan.