ARCHITECTURAL SPECIFICATION WRITER
Location: Anywhere within the United States
- Write door hardware specifications for, but not limited to Division 8 finish hardware which would include Hager hardware in all applicable entries as either the specified brand or an approved equal.
- Write door hardware specifications adhering to national and local building codes, ADA, and applicable laws.
- Analyze architectural, electrical and low-voltage drawings, noting discrepancies and conveying these to the architect.
- Contact architect or sales rep to obtain completion date and meet that date.
- Follow established processes for specification review by manager and others.
Gain approval for Hager products in specifications for which we are not approved.
- Review hardware submittals to ensure compliance with specified products.
- Maintain an architectural client base for future Hager product additions and specifications.
- Attend local chapter meetings of DHI and CSI.
- Attend project-related meetings (via phone or web conferencing) with owners and architects to discuss electronic access control, keying, project details, etc.
- Maintain minimum performance standards which include: Write at least 2200 openings per month (unless insufficient work is available). Meet deadlines as least 95% of the time. Maintain specifications written are at least 95% accurate.
- Attend classes, training events, seminars, etc. to maintain up-to-date knowledge regarding evolving industry standards.
- Other related duties as required.
Position Qualification Requirements
Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ten years’ experience working in the architectural door and hardware industry.
Skills + Knowledge
Functional knowledge of applicable building codes relating to doors and door hardware, including electrified hardware and access control systems, as well as ANSI/BHMA standards. Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word & Excel) Excellent communication, organizational and professional presentation skills are required. Experience with Salesforce and Comsense software are preferred but not required.
License(s) + Certification(s) required
AHC (Architectural Hardware Consultant) as designated by the Door and Hardware Institute (DHI). Participation in DHI’s Continuing Education Program (CEP), will be required. CDT (Construction Document Technologist) as designated by the Construction Specification Institute (CSI) will be required within one year of hiring date, if not already obtained.
Required travel is less than 20% annually. This position can be located anywhere within the United States. You must be willing to have a home office.
Veterans, reservists, and military spouses are encouraged to apply!
We offer an excellent benefits package and competitive salary. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life, employer-paid short-term disability, and other ancillary benefits. Hager offers PTO, company paid holidays, 401(k), and an incentive bonus plan.