Territory Sales Representative
This growth-oriented position will cover the state of North Carolina selling, training, and supporting Hager Companies’ entire commercial product line including mechanical, electro-mechanical, and access control products. The ideal candidate will be motivated to win and will be humble in their approach to working collaboratively within the Hager organization. Hager Companies is a 175 year old, family owned and operated company looking for the right sales professional to elevate sales in North Carolina the right way, while having fun!
- Own distributor relationships within the territory, listening, supporting, and actively providing solutions for them.
- Create demand in the territory through sales calls and trainings with architects, end users, owners, operators, facilities managers, contractors and builders to pull through developed distributor network.
- Deliver monthly report for the regional Sales Manager.
- Meet the territory sales quotas and goals as mutually established with Hager sales management staff.
- Represent Hager Companies at territory sales shows to promote Hager products.
- Collaborate with Hager product management staff to help determine the market’s product and marketing collateral needs.
- Collaborate with various cross functional teams to provide the best customer experience for Hager’s customers
- Participate in monthly meetings with Hager Companies sales & marketing management in review of sales pipelines and other account specific activities.
- Coordinate sales activities to grow with new and existing OEM and wholesale channel partners.
- Cultivate specification writing opportunities with architects, distributors, and end users.
Position Qualification Requirements
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
At least 5 years of work experience in a business environment, including sales responsibilities. Demonstrated record of achievement in prior sales position. Experience selling in doors, frames, and hardware industry a plus.
Skills + Knowledge
Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; negotiation and problem-solving abilities and initiative. Excellent team building, coaching, and collaboration skills are required. Attention to detail, good follow-up, and organizational skills are important. Need to have good PC skills, including Microsoft Office and Power Point experience.
Must be able to travel within North Carolina without restrictions, approximately 75% of the time (domestic only).
Physical Activities + Demands
Normal office environment which requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and see. May involve the ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects of up to 15 to 20 pounds, infrequently.
Veterans, reservists, and military spouses are encouraged to apply!
We offer an excellent benefits package and competitive salary. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life, employer-paid short-term disability, and other ancillary benefits. Hager offers PTO, company paid holidays, 401(k), and an incentive bonus plan.