Territory Sales Representative
This position will cover the territory including Seattle, Washington and Portland, Oregon. The candidate will ideally reside in the Seattle Metro or Portland Metro areas and can travel throughout the territory regularly. Manage the territory team responsible for the promotion of market acceptance and sale of Hager commercial and residential door hardware products. Work closely with the members of the territory team and Hager sales management staff to create and support sales opportunities.
- Utilize a variety of resources to identify sales leads in the assigned territory.
Call on distributors, architects, and end users as required to create and support sales opportunities.
- Manage the activities of the Sales Associates to insure adequate coverage of the distributors in the territory.
- Manage the activities of the Architectural Representative to meet the objectives for number of specifications writing opportunities and end user calls.
- Manage the daily operation of the territory sales office ensuring the availability and efficient use of related resources.
- Deliver monthly market status reports for the territory to the regional Sales Manager.
- Meet the territory sales quotas and goals as established by Hager sales management staff.
- Represent Hager Companies at territory sales shows to promote Hager products.
- Collaborate with Hager product management staff to help determine market needs.
- Collaborate with Hager sales management and marketing staff members regarding account-specific marketing promotions and programs. Other related duties as required.
- Participate in monthly meetings with Hager Companies sales & marketing management in review of sales pipelines and other account specific activities.
- Coordinate sales activities to grow with new and existing OEM and wholesale channel partners.
- Cultivate specification writing opportunities with architects, distributors, and end users.
Position Qualification Requirements
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
At least 5 years of work experience in a business environment, including sales responsibilities. Demonstrated record of achievement in prior sales position.
Skills + Knowledge
Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; negotiation and problem-solving abilities and initiative. Excellent team building, coaching, and collaboration skills are required. Attention to detail, good follow-up, and organizational skills are important. Need to have good PC skills, including Microsoft Office and Power Point experience.
Physical Activities + Demands
Normal office environment which requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and see. May involve the ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects of up to 15 to 20 pounds, infrequently.
Must be able to travel within assigned territory without restrictions, approximately 75% of the time (domestic only).
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Hager Companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Hager Companies does not offer work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources.
We offer an excellent benefits package and competitive salary. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life, employer-paid short-term disability, and other ancillary benefits. Hager offers PTO, company paid holidays, 401(k), and an incentive bonus plan.