Directly supervise a team of employees in the assigned manufacturing area. Responsible for meeting goals for safety, quality, productivity and on time delivery. Responsible for developing employee and creating a team approach to drive improvement and reduce cost. Responsible for managing the daily activities of the Planners and ensure that he/she confirms to the process determined by the Planning & Inventory Manager.
Review schedule and ensure the production plan meets the requirements for on time delivery to the customer.
Implement EHS programs to ensure a safe environment for the workforce.
Lead measures to improve the quality, safety, productivity, and deliver of assigned areas.
Develop an environment that supports employee involvement, teamwork and personnel development.
Provide regular feedback to employees regarding goals, performance, initiatives and company programs.
- Establish proper safety training of cell personnel and develops employee’s involvement in maintaining a safe work environment. Investigates work related injuries and processes proper documentation for Workers Comp purposes. Resolves any safety related problems in an efficient and rapid method.
- Promote employee involvement through delegation of responsibility and accountability at the employee level. Act as a facilitator in group problem solving efforts.
- Establish, in conjunction with the Plant Manager, cell performance measures that are tracked on a regular basis to insure cell goals support plant and corporate goals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
Position Qualification Requirements
Bachelors degree in Operations or Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and supervisory experience and training.
Preferred Minimum of five years supervisory experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment required prior to entry into position.
Skills + Knowledge
Requires a thorough knowledge of management principles, processes and techniques as applied to manufacturing and distribution operations and supervisory practices, along with the ability to apply principles to solve practical problems with situations where only limited standardization exist. Knowledge of door hardware to include experience with metal fabrication is preferred. Proficiency with computers and basic software packages, such as Microsoft Office.
Physical Activities + Demands
Normal office environment which requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and see. Light physical work. The employee is required to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, or otherwise move objects.
Machines, Tools, Equipment + Work Aids
Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
Veterans, reservists, and military spouses are encouraged to apply!
This job title has a direct effect on hazardous waste management and / or hazardous waste accumulation, whether by direct contact with hazardous waste or through hazardous waste management activities and must receive training. Training will be conducted annually on the following topics:
- Facility emergency procedures contained within the Integrated Contingency Plan
- Hazardous waste determination / explanation
- Hazardous waste packaging
- Hazardous waste generator management requirements
- 45-hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Technician certification
This training must be completed within six months of their employment or assignment to this job position. Employees that have not completed the training are not permitted to work in unsupervised positions until they have completed the training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
We offer an excellent benefits package and competitive salary. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life, employer-paid short-term disability, and other ancillary benefits. Hager offers PTO, company paid holidays, 401(k), and an incentive bonus plan.