PRODUCT ENGINEER II
Perform duties required to prepare a wide variety of designs and re-designs of standard, special, and new products which will meet or surpass established objectives for product quality and value, manufacturability, and product line profitability. Work on a broad range of engineering design and graphics assignments, which require thorough investigation and coordination with all other functional disciplines throughout the company.
- Design new standard and special products, and redesign existing products to meet market demands.
- Maintain all CAD drawings, product and template, current with manufacturing.
- Work with design guidelines for products and product groups, which address application, cost, and marketing requirements.
- Utilize a uniform, standard procedure for numbering, creating, and filing Hager product drawings using SolidWorks and/or Autocade design software.
- Create precise product documentation (i.e., drawings, templates, installation instructions, etc.), and prepare accurate part and assembly drawings through the use of a 2D or 3D modeling system.
- Review customer complaints and initiate appropriate internal remedial action.
- Work with manufacturing/vendors on testing requirements.
- Coordinate design engineering projects with all functional disciplines to ensure that the product meets marketing/sales, manufacturing, engineering, purchasing, and cost accounting demands.
- Work on process improvement projects in conjunction with Manufacturing.
- Provide technical support in the sourcing of components and outside sources and preparation of presentation, product, and special order request drawings.
Position Qualification Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Design, or general Mechanical Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university.
Four to Six years’ experience in a similar or related field.
Skills + Knowledge
Requires thorough knowledge of: Product design techniques and applications, expertise in SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD software systems, a working knowledge of metal stamping and forming materials and equipment, familiarity with applicable industry standards such as ANSI, BHMA, UL, etc., and supervisory/management principles and practices.
Physical Activities + Demands
Normal office environment which requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and see. May involve the ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects of up to 15 to 20 pounds, infrequently.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Hager Companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Hager Companies does not offer work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources.
We offer an excellent benefits package and competitive salary. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life, employer-paid short-term disability, and other ancillary benefits. Hager offers PTO, company paid holidays, 401(k), and an incentive bonus plan.