Provide support to the engineering staff by providing technical drawings, updating BOM’s, assisting in revising layouts and in making process improvements.
- · Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials, processes, and equipment.
- · Confer with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts.
- · Create process procedures, work instructions and reference material.
- · Analyze customer returns for root cause and corrective action.
- · Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs.
- · Design fixtures, tools, and gauges.
- · Document engineering changes.
- · Drive continuous improvement initiatives to reduce costs, improve quality and efficiency.
- · Obtain quotes from vendors as directed by Engineers.
- · Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
Position Qualification Requirements
Bachelor’s degree preferably in an Engineering field.
Minimum three years of related experience in a manufacturing environment.
Skills + Knowledge
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Must be able to read and evaluate mechanical drawings and technical specifications. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, AutoCAD drawing software.
Physical Activities + Demands
Normal office environment which requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and see. Light physical work. May involve the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 20 pounds infrequently. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to maintain a level state of alertness while performing this job.
Veterans, reservists, and military spouses are encouraged to apply!
We offer an excellent benefits package and competitive salary. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life, employer-paid short-term disability, and other ancillary benefits. Hager offers PTO, company paid holidays, 401(k), and an incentive bonus plan.