Human Resources Manager
Serve as a business partner supporting all employees through positive and present leadership as a champion of our culture. In alignment with our company core values and policies, the Human Resources Manager will facilitate all aspects of the Human Resources department for the plant and distribution center in Montgomery, Alabama.
- Provide functional guidance and support to all levels of management to ensure successful administration and execution of human resources policies, procedures, and programs that comply with all local, state, and federal regulations applicable to HR while in the interests of advancing the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Assist with the analysis, development, and implementation of compensation programs in a manner that ensures cost effectiveness, market competitiveness, and internal equity among employees.
- Work with Corporate HR to coordinate employee benefits such as the 401(k), medical, dental, vision and voluntary benefit programs.
Assist in developing, implementing, and evaluating ongoing HR policies, programs, functions, and activities.
- Provide strategic support to management as a business partner with an emphasis on development, training, internal advancement, retention, and general best practices to ensure desired talent and staffing levels.
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with employees and all levels of management with a service mindset.
- Conduct job analysis, including FLSA classification, and prepare or revise job descriptions as required.
- Administer spending against the departmental budget for employee appreciation activities and events.
- Plan and coordinate employee relations programs, including recruitment and selection, new employee orientation, promotions, retirement, transfers, performance evaluation, service award programs, and others as needed.
- Objectively investigate all allegations of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and handle employee relations issues including counseling employees, managers and other parties involved in a timely and thorough manner.
- Work with corporate HR and appropriate levels of management to determine corrective action.
- Analyze HR/ER data to identify trends, and root causes. Provide insights to leadership to develop strategies that will prevent future issues and ensure alignment with our core values and policies.
- Other HR related objectives and special projects as assigned.
Position Qualification Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Solid understanding of HR related laws and regulations such as FLSA, FMLA, ADA, etc. Master’s degree or PHR/SPHR/SHRM-CP/SCP certification preferred.
Ten or more years of direct Human Resources experience. Experience with developing and conducting training programs/presentations in front of large groups. Management experience preferred. Five or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment required.
Skills + Knowledge
Must have exceptional presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills. Must be able to multi-task, pay close attention to detail, and have strong analytical abilities. Proficient with Microsoft Office suite or related software. Proficient with or able to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems. Must work well in a team environment, as well as independently, in order to complete special projects. Strong negotiation skills and initiative required. Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, and creativity to address changing needs and situations. Experience with compensation studies & job evaluation is a plus.
Physical Activities + Demands
Normal office environment which requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and see. May involve the ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects of up to 15 to 20 pounds, infrequently.
Must be able to travel to St. Louis and/or other offsite locations occasionally for training, meetings, or HR related issues.
Hager Companies does not offer work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources.
We offer an excellent benefits package and competitive salary. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life, employer-paid short-term disability, and other ancillary benefits. Hager offers PTO, company paid holidays, 401(k), and an incentive bonus plan.