Perform duties required to maintain grounds and property, and assist with special projects.
- Trim and edge around walks, flower beds, walls, and prune shrubs and trees.
- Trim trees along driving paths, trim trees in the front and back yard, pick up sticks in the lawn area.
- Spray lawn, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer, herbicides, and insecticides.
- Spray herbicide on pathways, gravel driveways and food plot areas.
- Rake leaves and bag or burn them.
- Clean grounds and remove litter.
- Shovel snow from walks and driveways and spread salt.
- Handle road maintenance for the property.
- Water lawn and shrubs using hose or by activating fixed or portable sprinkler system.
- Repair fences, gates, walls, and walks using carpentry and masonry tools.
- Make minor equipment repairs and maintain all equipment and tools.
- Build and brush duck blinds and deer stands in preparation for hunting season and events.
- Clean and prepare wildlife (ducks, deer, and turkey) from hunting events.
- Pick up supplies for the ongoing property maintenance needs and facility events.
- Maintain the lake, including water control, spraying for algae, and feeding the fish.
- Assist with small projects such as building repairs involving plumbing, electrical work, or carpentry.
- Other duties as required.
Position Qualification Requirements
High School diploma/GED.
One year experience in a similar position.
Skills + Knowledge
Requires ability to read, add, subtract, multiply and divide. Must have the ability to safely use and maintain hand tools, power tools, lawn maintenance equipment, carpentry, plumbing and masonry tools. Must have a valid driver’s license to pick up supplies as needed, using company vehicle or gas reimbursement using your personal vehicle.
Physical Activities + Demands
Worker is exposed to: outside conditions with seasonal temperatures; conditions that may affect respiratory systems or the skin, such as fumes, dust, pollen and odors; hazards such as moving mechanical parts.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Hager Companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Hager Companies does not offer work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources.
We offer an excellent benefits package and competitive salary. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life, employer-paid short-term disability, and other ancillary benefits. Hager offers PTO, company paid holidays, 401(k), and an incentive bonus plan.