TERRITORY SALES MANAGER
Location: California, USA
Manage the territory team responsible for the promotion of market acceptance and sale of Hager commercial and residential door hardware products. Work closely with the members of the territory team and Hager sales management staff to create and support sales opportunities.
- Utilize a variety of resources to identify sales leads in the assigned territory.
- Call on distributors, architects, and end users as required to create and support sales opportunities
- Manage the activities of the Sales Associates to insure adequate coverage of the distributors in the territory.
- Manage the activities of the Architectural Representative to meet the objectives for number of specification writing opportunities and end user calls.
- Manage the daily operation of the territory sales office ensuring the availability and efficient use of related resources.
- Deliver monthly market status reports for the territory to the regional Sales Manager.
- Meet the territory sales quotas and goals as established by Hager sales management staff.
- Represent Hager Companies at territory sales shows to promote Hager products.
- Collaborate with Hager product management staff to help determine market needs.
- Collaborate with Hager sales management and marketing staff members regarding account-specific marketing promotions and programs.
- Other related duties as required.
- Participate in monthly meetings with Hager Companies sales & marketing management in review of sales pipelines and other account specific activities.
- Coordinate sales activities to grow with new and existing OEM and wholesale channel partners.
- Cultivate specification writing opportunities with architects, distributors, and end users.
Position Qualification Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: At least 5 years of work experience in a business environment, including sales responsibilities. Demonstrated record of achievement in prior sales position.
Skills/Knowledge: Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; negotiation and problem-solving abilities and initiative. Excellent team building, coaching, and collaboration skills are required. Attention to detail, good follow-up, and organizational skills are important. Need to have good PC skills, including Microsoft Office and Power Point experience.
Travel: Must be able to travel within assigned territory without restrictions, approximately 75% of the time (domestic only).
Physical Activities/Demands: Normal office environment which requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and see. May involve the ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects of up to 15 to 20 pounds, infrequently.
Veterans, reservists, and military spouses are encouraged to apply!
If you are interested in this position, please click below to apply!
Click through to see testimonials from both Hager’s amazing employees as well as Hager’s partners.
“I was recently invited to tour Hager’s manufacturing and distribution facilities in Montgomery, Alabama. I was impressed with the pro-people business approach that comes from the top down which, in this case, is, commendably, the Hager family.”
-Joe Calvert CSI CDT AHC SCIP, Calvert Independent Hardware Specifications, LLC.
“The American ingenuity and skilled labor stills exist at Hager. From the moment I walked in the door, I felt like part of the Hager family and tradition. I am thoroughly impressed with the entire organization, the employees, and the making of hinges.”
-Alan Fambrough A.H.C., John Oatley Builders Hardware Inc
lets get social
learn more about our company
interested in joining our team?
Click below is see Hager’s current job openings and apply to be a part of the Hager team today!