Location: St. Louis, MO
Responsible for all planning and implementation of product development objectives on financially and/or strategically assigned product lines. The individual in this position will provide strategic direction to the business, definition to the product development process and control of established product lines. The Product Manager is expected to balance market requirements, design constraints, operations optimization and supply chain demands to maximize sales and profitability.
- Identify, evaluate, and approve new products, functions, and applications to serve customer needs and maintain competitive market leadership.
- Communicate to senior management product line strategies, pricing, positioning, and priorities in the marketplace, compared to our competitors. This includes consolidation and preparation of product strategy/migration plans and product line business plans.
- Develop or review all documents necessary to initiate product development and engineering changes. Documentation will include marketing requirements, specifications, business plans, marketing launch plans, project requests and engineering change requests.
- Plan, substantiate and recommend product pricing for assigned products consistent with strategy business objectives and competitive market positioning.
- Responsible for planning, consolidation and supervision of ongoing competitor intelligence activities and benchmarking in assigned product area, as well as product comparisons, purchase recommendations, performance benchmarking, channel activities and technology utilization.
- Ensure technical documentation requirements are planned and the content is consistent with targeted customer needs. Oversee effective content, timely completion of technical documentation for assigned product. Coordinate documentation requirements with marketing communications department.
- Recommend and justify appropriate market studies, reports and analysis necessary to support up to date market knowledge and the creation of product requirements specifications.
- Provide review and approval of pricing exceptions when the Pricing Analyst is unavailable.
Position Qualification Requirements
Education/Knowledge: Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Minimum of five years’ experience in product marketing or category management. Strong working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products. Door hardware experience is a plus but not required.
Skills/Knowledge: Strong leadership and problem-solving capabilities. Ability to work productively in a team environment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with the ability to negotiate effectively and influence others. Must have good analytical skills and understand financial concepts related to product pricing, profitability, etc. Must have good attention to detail and the ability to meet business objectives and drive timely product launches.
Physical Activities/Demands: Normal office environment which requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and see. May involve the ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects of up to 15 to 20 pounds, infrequently.
Veterans, reservists, and military spouses are encouraged to apply!
If you are interested in this position, please click below to apply!
Click through to see testimonials from both Hager’s amazing employees as well as Hager’s partners.
“I was recently invited to tour Hager’s manufacturing and distribution facilities in Montgomery, Alabama. I was impressed with the pro-people business approach that comes from the top down which, in this case, is, commendably, the Hager family.”
-Joe Calvert CSI CDT AHC SCIP, Calvert Independent Hardware Specifications, LLC.
“The American ingenuity and skilled labor stills exist at Hager. From the moment I walked in the door, I felt like part of the Hager family and tradition. I am thoroughly impressed with the entire organization, the employees, and the making of hinges.”
-Alan Fambrough A.H.C., John Oatley Builders Hardware Inc
lets get social
learn more about our company
interested in joining our team?
Click below is see Hager’s current job openings and apply to be a part of the Hager team today!