PRODUCT ENGINEER ii
Location: St. Louis, MO
Perform duties required to prepare a wide variety of designs and re-designs of standard, special, and new products which will meet or surpass established objectives for product quality and value, manufacturability, and product line profitability. Work on a broad range of engineering design and graphics assignments, which require thorough investigation and coordination with all other functional disciplines throughout the company.
- Convert old hardcopy product drawings to CAD on an as needed basis.
- Maintain all CAD drawings, product and template, current with manufacturing.
- Work with design guidelines for products and product groups, which address application, cost, and marketing requirements.
- Utilize a uniform, standard procedure for numbering, creating, and filing Hager product drawings using SolidWorks and/or AutoCad design software.
- Create precise product documentation (i.e., drawings, templates, installation instructions, etc.), and prepare accurate part and assembly drawings through the use of a 2D or 3D modeling system.
- Design new standard and special products, and redesign existing products to meet market demands.
- Review customer complaints and initiate appropriate internal remedial action.
- Work with manufacturing/vendors on testing requirements.
- Coordinate design engineering projects with all functional disciplines to ensure that the product meets marketing/sales, manufacturing, engineering, purchasing, and cost accounting demands.
- Work on process improvement projects in conjunction with Manufacturing.
- Provide technical support in the sourcing of components and outside sources and preparation of presentation, product, and special order request drawings.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Position Qualification Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Design, or general Mechanical Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years’ experience in a similar or related field.
Skills/Knowledge: Requires thorough knowledge of: Product design techniques and applications, expertise in SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD software systems, a working knowledge of metal stamping and forming materials and equipment, familiarity with applicable industry standards such as ANSI, BHMA, UL, etc., and supervisory/management principles and practices.
Physical Activities/Demands: Normal office environment which requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and see. May involve the ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects of up to 15 to 20 pounds, infrequently.
Veterans, reservists, and military spouses are encouraged to apply!
If you are interested in this position, please click below to apply!
Click through to see testimonials from both Hager’s amazing employees as well as Hager’s partners.
“I was recently invited to tour Hager’s manufacturing and distribution facilities in Montgomery, Alabama. I was impressed with the pro-people business approach that comes from the top down which, in this case, is, commendably, the Hager family.”
-Joe Calvert CSI CDT AHC SCIP, Calvert Independent Hardware Specifications, LLC.
“The American ingenuity and skilled labor stills exist at Hager. From the moment I walked in the door, I felt like part of the Hager family and tradition. I am thoroughly impressed with the entire organization, the employees, and the making of hinges.”
-Alan Fambrough A.H.C., John Oatley Builders Hardware Inc
lets get social
learn more about our company
interested in joining our team?
Click below is see Hager’s current job openings and apply to be a part of the Hager team today!