Location: Montgomery, AL
This position is responsible for leading the maintenance department in a wide range of maintenance activities including mechanical and electrical repairs, troubleshooting equipment, installation, working with instrumentation, and routinely scheduled maintenance activities. The position is also responsible for establishing and maintaining an effective preventative maintenance program.
- Plan and implement installation, maintenance (predictive and preventative), and repair work.
- Responsible for the training and supervising of the maintenance technicians.
- Ensure schedules are organized and work is efficiently assigned to the maintenance team.
- Develop and implement maintenance work procedures.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures.
- Manages the parts inventory system to include supporting the parts procurement process.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations for the maintenance and machine shop departments.
- Responsibly handles emergency situations to include after-hours calls for repair and maintenance.
- Evaluates systems or facilities to determine maintenance or repairs that need to be performed.
- Assesses building systems to plan work assignments and project schedules.
- Assists with departmental budget estimates and costs of specific repair projects.
- Participates in coordination of projects.
- Attending meetings and conference calls related to organizational activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned to achieve corporate and departmental objectives.
Position Qualification Requirements
Education/Knowledge: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a closely related discipline strongly preferred.
Experience: Minimum of four years of maintenance experience in an industrial setting. Four or more years of supervisory or lead experience within a maintenance department preferred. Proven record of leadership in a maintenance department or closely related field.
Skills: Ability to read complex drawings and dimensional information. Knowledge of preventative and predictive maintenance programs. Familiar with OSHA standards and how to interpret them. Ability to organize and plan effectively. Ability to multitask, resolve conflict, and forward think. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Extensive knowledge of building systems such as plumbing, electrical, and HVAC. Familiarity with PLC’s, networking devices, and remote networking methodology. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Teams, Solid Works and or AutoCAD drawing software.
Machines/Tools/Equipment/Work Aids: May be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position. Computer Terminal/PC, Testing Equipment, Hand Tools, and Precision Measuring Equipment.
Physical Requirements: Normal office environment which requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and see. May involve the ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects of up to 15 to 20 pounds, infrequently. Able to support engineering projects in areas such as roof access, confined space, and LOTO.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement: Hager Companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Work authorization/security clearance requirements: Hager Companies does not offer work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources.
Veterans, reservists, and military spouses are encouraged to apply!
If you are interested in this position, please click below to apply!
Click through to see testimonials from both Hager’s amazing employees as well as Hager’s partners.
“I was recently invited to tour Hager’s manufacturing and distribution facilities in Montgomery, Alabama. I was impressed with the pro-people business approach that comes from the top down which, in this case, is, commendably, the Hager family.”
-Joe Calvert CSI CDT AHC SCIP, Calvert Independent Hardware Specifications, LLC.
“The American ingenuity and skilled labor stills exist at Hager. From the moment I walked in the door, I felt like part of the Hager family and tradition. I am thoroughly impressed with the entire organization, the employees, and the making of hinges.”
-Alan Fambrough A.H.C., John Oatley Builders Hardware Inc
lets get social
learn more about our company
interested in joining our team?
Click below is see Hager’s current job openings and apply to be a part of the Hager team today!