Location: Montgomery, AL
Lead inventory strategy for the company while managing across all levels. Develop a plan for optimizing and maintaining accurate inventory, and then lead the execution of that plan. Analyze current parameters and apply best in class techniques to drive accuracy and optimal inventory levels.
- Review inventory level records for all items and user locations to drive MPS for arranging purchase, manufacturing, and delivery schedules.
- Incorporate modeling, situation analysis, problem diagnosis, processes & proper process control to support business decision making with financial analysis.
- Monitor inventory performance & direct appropriate mid-course corrections to achieve targets.
- Select appropriate replenishment strategies (weeks of coverage, review method, etc.).
- Ensure that allocation & replenishment system settings (ABC codes, and other planning parameters) are tuned to optimize inventory productivity.
- Participate in S&OP process reviewing forecast and production/purchasing plans getting agreement on supply strategy from all departments involved.
- Set frequency and oversee old-order review and clean up.
- Review assigned item files to assure complete and up-to-date records on prices, established standard order quantities and reorder points.
- Manage cycle count program and processes to ensure inventory accuracy in all areas of the plant and distribution.
- Work with Customer Service on “big orders” including export orders, and work with customers to arrange partial releases and avoid stock out conditions for other customers.
- Work with Customer Service, Planners and/or Buyers to insure MPS is driving the correct signals for ordering materials to achieve and maintain the optimal inventory levels with accuracy.
- Work with Customer Service, Planners and/or Buyers on ‘long lead time” orders to see if orders can be filled by substitution, changing warehouses, or manufacturing the product instead of purchasing, etc.
- Special projects and other related duties as required.
Position Qualification Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent combination of work experience and education. Industry certifications (such as APICS and 6Sigma) preferred.
Experience: Five to seven years of experience in an inventory management role, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Must have experience in establishing inventory planning parameters.
Skills/Knowledge: Requires a broad knowledge of technical industrial purchasing/planning/cycle counting principles. Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Must be adaptable and able to implement change/best practices. Problem solving, negotiation, analytical and process improvement abilities are also critical. Must have excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
Travel: This position requires the ability to travel approximately 20% of the time, both domestic and international.
Physical Activities/Demands: Normal office environment which requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and see. May involve the ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects of up to 15 to 20 pounds, infrequently.
Veterans, reservists, and military spouses are encouraged to apply!
If you are interested in this position, please click below to apply!
Click through to see testimonials from both Hager’s amazing employees as well as Hager’s partners.
“I was recently invited to tour Hager’s manufacturing and distribution facilities in Montgomery, Alabama. I was impressed with the pro-people business approach that comes from the top down which, in this case, is, commendably, the Hager family.”
-Joe Calvert CSI CDT AHC SCIP, Calvert Independent Hardware Specifications, LLC.
“The American ingenuity and skilled labor stills exist at Hager. From the moment I walked in the door, I felt like part of the Hager family and tradition. I am thoroughly impressed with the entire organization, the employees, and the making of hinges.”
-Alan Fambrough A.H.C., John Oatley Builders Hardware Inc
lets get social
learn more about our company
interested in joining our team?
Click below is see Hager’s current job openings and apply to be a part of the Hager team today!