Location: St. Louis, MO
Under the direction of the Marketing Communications Manager, the Graphics Designer designs and produces high quality artwork and communications materials for all departments of the company and for the general public in the desired time frame, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Partner with multiple internal clients to determine needs and showcase their service offerings to customers.
- Conceptualize, design, layout and produce digital and print designs, displays and promotional material. Develop graphics and layouts for logos, website, and products.
- Ensure high quality, professional designs. Design detailed or technical illustrations, charts, graphs, animations (as needed) using computer software.
- Provide photography and video production and editing services.
- Maintain technical competency by researching new technology and changes in the industry.
- Interact with vendors to ensure best prices and quality and effectively resolve problems.
- Review proofs and final layouts to ensure quality output.
- Estimate costs of different production methods to determine the most economical method for individual projects.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Position Qualification Requirements
Education/Knowledge: Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field.
Experience: Three to five years’ graphic design experience.
Skills: Experience using systems such as CAD, desktop publishing, graphics and photo imaging, video creation and editing and web platform development. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite Platform: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro and After Effects.
Physical Requirements: Normal office environment which requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and see. May involve the ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects of up to 15 to 20 pounds, infrequently.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement: Hager Companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Work authorization/security clearance requirements: Hager Companies does not offer work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources.
Veterans, reservists, and military spouses are encouraged to apply!
If you are interested in this position, please click below to apply!
Click through to see testimonials from both Hager’s amazing employees as well as Hager’s partners.
“I was recently invited to tour Hager’s manufacturing and distribution facilities in Montgomery, Alabama. I was impressed with the pro-people business approach that comes from the top down which, in this case, is, commendably, the Hager family.”
-Joe Calvert CSI CDT AHC SCIP, Calvert Independent Hardware Specifications, LLC.
“The American ingenuity and skilled labor stills exist at Hager. From the moment I walked in the door, I felt like part of the Hager family and tradition. I am thoroughly impressed with the entire organization, the employees, and the making of hinges.”
-Alan Fambrough A.H.C., John Oatley Builders Hardware Inc
lets get social
learn more about our company
interested in joining our team?
Click below is see Hager’s current job openings and apply to be a part of the Hager team today!