METAL FINISHING ENGINEER
Location: Montgomery, AL
- Lead projects associated with plating, lacquer coating, anodizing, and the tooling and technologies related to those processes.
- Provide technical assistance to ensure that the purchase, storage handling, and use and disposal of process related chemicals meets all legal regulations and requirements.
- Provide technical support for the wastewater treatment operations to ensure that all legal requirements are met.
- Assist in outside audits of these processes.
- Provide technical support for in house lab operations and tests.
- Serve as the internal and external point of contact for technical questions regarding plating, lacquer coating, anodizing, and waste treatment operations.
- Help create and maintain work instructions for assigned areas.
- Provide technical support to ensure that exhaust air follows all legal regulations and requirements.
- Use lean principles to improve the quality of products and processes in assigned areas.
- Design process flow for finishing systems and fixtures as needed for process improvements, new products, product modifications, etc.
- Manage projects and prepare cost estimates, comparisons, justifications, etc. to be used for purchasing decisions.
- Analyze product/process data identifying opportunities for improvement and cost reduction.
- Plan, develop, and lead implementation of process changes that yield improved Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), production efficiencies, yields, and quality.
- Work with manufacturing engineering and maintenance on the introduction of new products or the modification of existing products. Provide input on manufacturing feasibility for new and modified products to ensure that lean concepts are used.
- Other related duties as required.
Position Qualification Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Six Sigma Certification preferred.
Experience: Minimum of five years’ experience leading and supervising continuous improvement projects in a manufacturing environment. Background in plating, anodizing and waste treatment preferred. Experience in applying lean principles including Kanban, Kaizen, and 5s required. Knowledge with CAD or SolidWorks software. Experience with automation, robotics, and CNC equipment preferred.
Skills/Knowledge: Strong problem-solving skills to draw logical solutions. Proficient with Microsoft Suite. Experience with simulations and project management. Having a hands-on approach is necessary.
Physical Activities/Demands: Normal office environment which requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and see. Light physical work. The employee is required to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, or otherwise move objects.
Veterans, reservists, and military spouses are encouraged to apply!
If you are interested in this position, please click below to apply!
Click through to see testimonials from both Hager’s amazing employees as well as Hager’s partners.
“I was recently invited to tour Hager’s manufacturing and distribution facilities in Montgomery, Alabama. I was impressed with the pro-people business approach that comes from the top down which, in this case, is, commendably, the Hager family.”
-Joe Calvert CSI CDT AHC SCIP, Calvert Independent Hardware Specifications, LLC.
“The American ingenuity and skilled labor stills exist at Hager. From the moment I walked in the door, I felt like part of the Hager family and tradition. I am thoroughly impressed with the entire organization, the employees, and the making of hinges.”
-Alan Fambrough A.H.C., John Oatley Builders Hardware Inc
lets get social
learn more about our company
interested in joining our team?
Click below is see Hager’s current job openings and apply to be a part of the Hager team today!