Location: St. Louis, MO
Prepare reports, analyze financial statements, and support the budgeting process. Present findings to management to support decision making.
- Lead the administrating, managing, and training on the financial reporting and budgeting software.
- Collect and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions which includes recurring and allocation entries.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly consolidated financial statements summarizing current results and projected company financial position with plans using reporting software, Excel, and Power BI.
- Prepare financial analysis reports as needed that monitor variances, identify trends, and recommend actions to management.
- Provide analysis support to the sales and general administrative teams of expense variances.
- Meet monthly with product managers and pricing team to provide analysis of results and present management with summary of findings.
- Enter and verify the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications.
- Develop and recommend accounting methods and procedures.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts for risk management, internal controls, and external audit support.
- Lead the budgeting process by using data collected from the financial statement analysis, account reconciliations, and discussions with managers including budget entry.
- Support the budgeting process with reports showing trends in costs and spending. Provide support on budgeting software.
- Distribute daily cash information from the bank website. Initiate investments and generate a daily report summarizing cash position and present to management.
- Initiate or approve ACH or wire transactions; maintain and distribute supporting documentation to ensure safety of company assets.
- Lead the analysis and implementation of banking process improvement projects with the appropriate contacts.
- Other related duties as required.
Position Qualification Requirements
Education: Requires Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business. Requires proficiency with Microsoft programs and budgeting and database reporting software. Knowledge of accounts payable. Application of sales and use of tax rules (experience in manufacturing is a plus).
Experience: Three years of accounting experience.
Skills/Knowledge: Proficient with Microsoft Suite. Communication skills, organized, detail-oriented, dependable, and work well in a team. Have excellent data entry speed and accuracy.
Physical Activities/Demands: Normal office environment which requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and see. May involve the ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects of up to 15 to 20 pounds, infrequently.
Veterans, reservists, and military spouses are encouraged to apply!
If you are interested in this position, please click below to apply!
Click through to see testimonials from both Hager’s amazing employees as well as Hager’s partners.
“I was recently invited to tour Hager’s manufacturing and distribution facilities in Montgomery, Alabama. I was impressed with the pro-people business approach that comes from the top down which, in this case, is, commendably, the Hager family.”
-Joe Calvert CSI CDT AHC SCIP, Calvert Independent Hardware Specifications, LLC.
“The American ingenuity and skilled labor stills exist at Hager. From the moment I walked in the door, I felt like part of the Hager family and tradition. I am thoroughly impressed with the entire organization, the employees, and the making of hinges.”
-Alan Fambrough A.H.C., John Oatley Builders Hardware Inc
lets get social
learn more about our company
interested in joining our team?
Click below is see Hager’s current job openings and apply to be a part of the Hager team today!