ERP and Database administrator
Location: St. Louis, MO
The ERP and Database Administrator will manage, maintain, and improve ERP software and the related databases. Additional responsibilities include assisting users with ERP usage, report writing, training, and departmental business process improvements. The ERP and Database Administrator will strive to maintain maximum system uptime, data accuracy and security, and minimize any system outages or data corruptions by continuously monitoring and evaluating database performance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any database related ERP issues.
- Monitor database performance to maintain data reliability, ensuring maximum system uptime.
- Review overall operation on a semi-annual basis and make recommendations to add/ change features, configurations, and/ or workflows based on user feedback.
- Collaborate directly with integration and development team, business units and functional subject matter experts.
- Develop training manuals, document procedures.
- Develop custom reports using the ERP software, SQL, or business intelligence software.
- Define, design, and implement Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Warehouse (DW) strategies for operational, ad-hoc, and other BI related solutions.
- Assist in the definition, documentation, and development of mapping rules for movement of data from disparate data sources and into the various components and subject areas of the BI environment.
- Create data models including robust data definitions, entity-relationship-attribute models, as well as relational and/or dimensional models.
- Work closely with a DBA to transition logical models to physical implementation of data structures.
- Design and architect enterprise BI systems from conceptual to physical implementation and operations.
- Work with the Development team to establish best patterns, practices, and standards as new technology arises.
- Develop comprehensive implementation plans along with delivering the output as defined in the project’s goals and objectives.
- Provide hands-on data modeling (relational and dimensional) for Data Warehouse and overall BI environment.
- Provide best practices and guidance regarding use of ETL, data modeling (relational and dimensional), and reporting deliverables.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain new reporting functionality and analytic applications across multiple business units using various business intelligence tools.
- Assists with implementation of data quality improvement processes and initiatives.
- Understands the development of ETL (Extraction, Transformation and Loading) processes to acquire data from internal and external sources.
- Develop and maintain repeatable, systemic processes while finding ways to make internal team processes more efficient.
- Other related duties as required.
Position Qualification Requirements
Education/Knowledge: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field.
Experience: Two years’ experience writing and interpreting SQL. Two years’ minimum of ERP and database administration experience, preferably in the manufacturing industry. Five years’ in delivering business intelligence solutions. Python, R, or other programming language experience a plus. Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems. Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools. Proven experience in standard database administration responsibilities (replication, backups/restores, SSIS jobs and scheduling, security administration, partitioning, index maintenance, software maintenance). Experience designing and supporting data warehouses and business intelligence platforms.
Skills: Strong systems skills, with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access). In-depth expertise of relational database design, logical data modeling, data warehousing, and relational database management systems preferably MySQL or similar. Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing concepts and proven experience delivering both. ETL concepts, development, and experience. Understanding of the design and development of complex business reports. SQL architecture and design skills with proven experience partnering with application development teams to design overall system architecture. Knowledge of database structures, theories, principles, and practices with proven Microsoft SQL Server experience, including reporting services and analysis services. Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, meet deadlines, results-driven, detail-oriented, works effectively in a collaborative environment. Manages time effectively to meet timelines across multiple projects. Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to present to senior management.
Physical Activities/Demands: Normal office environment which requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and see. May involve the ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects of up to 15 to 20 pounds, infrequently.
Veterans, reservists, and military spouses are encouraged to apply!
If you are interested in this position, please click below to apply!
Click through to see testimonials from both Hager’s amazing employees as well as Hager’s partners.
“I was recently invited to tour Hager’s manufacturing and distribution facilities in Montgomery, Alabama. I was impressed with the pro-people business approach that comes from the top down which, in this case, is, commendably, the Hager family.”
-Joe Calvert CSI CDT AHC SCIP, Calvert Independent Hardware Specifications, LLC.
“The American ingenuity and skilled labor stills exist at Hager. From the moment I walked in the door, I felt like part of the Hager family and tradition. I am thoroughly impressed with the entire organization, the employees, and the making of hinges.”
-Alan Fambrough A.H.C., John Oatley Builders Hardware Inc
lets get social
learn more about our company
interested in joining our team?
Click below is see Hager’s current job openings and apply to be a part of the Hager team today!