Location: St. Louis, MO
Responsible for financial support of the operations functions including cost accounting, capital spending, and the annual physical inventory process. Also responsible for corporate taxes in collaboration with our third-party support. Manages the A/P function along with the processing of credits and annual standard cost builds.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all cost accounting and financial support for operations functions.
- Provide operations management with information necessary to the decision-making process.
- Oversee the financial support of all capital spending requests through the CER process including conducting after action reviews to determine ways to improve the process.
- Lead the financial support of the annual physical inventory process.
- Establish and approve the various security levels in each of the systems to ensure confidentiality of the data and oversee systems training.
- Lead the proper processing and filing of corporate taxes with third-party tax support.
- Ensure the Accounts Payable process includes proper controls over cash disbursements.
- Lead the annual standard cost review and implementation.
- Ensure sufficient controls are in place throughout the sales credit process and approval levels are followed.
- Oversee the audit process.
- Hire, develop, and lead the accounting team.
- Evaluate accounting and internal control systems and ensure adequate controls are in place and are being followed.
- Oversee regulatory reporting.
- Other related duties as required.
Position Qualification Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
Experience: Seven or more years of experience in the accounting field, including at least two years of management experience. Must have experience in cost accounting. Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
Skills/Knowledge: Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Excellent communication, collaboration, analytical, financial and leadership skills required. Must be a strategic thinker and can balance long and short-term objectives. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office. Must have good presentation skills and be able to speak in front of large and small groups. Must be able to travel on occasion.
Physical Activities/Demands: Normal office environment which requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and see. May involve the ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects of up to 15 to 20 pounds, infrequently.
Veterans, reservists, and military spouses are encouraged to apply!
If you are interested in this position, please click below to apply!
Click through to see testimonials from both Hager’s amazing employees as well as Hager’s partners.
“I was recently invited to tour Hager’s manufacturing and distribution facilities in Montgomery, Alabama. I was impressed with the pro-people business approach that comes from the top down which, in this case, is, commendably, the Hager family.”
-Joe Calvert CSI CDT AHC SCIP, Calvert Independent Hardware Specifications, LLC.
“The American ingenuity and skilled labor stills exist at Hager. From the moment I walked in the door, I felt like part of the Hager family and tradition. I am thoroughly impressed with the entire organization, the employees, and the making of hinges.”
-Alan Fambrough A.H.C., John Oatley Builders Hardware Inc
lets get social
learn more about our company
interested in joining our team?
Click below is see Hager’s current job openings and apply to be a part of the Hager team today!