LEADER OF ACCOUNTING (Controller)
Location: St. Louis, MO
This position will report directly to the CFO and will be a key member of the accounting and finance team. Primary responsibility will be to ensure the timely and accurate preparation of consolidated financial statements and analysis by overseeing and managing the accounts receivable and accounts payable teams.
- Oversee the activities of the corporate accounting department.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of monthly and annual GAAP consolidated financial statements.
- Primarily responsible for the timely completion of the annual audit and tax return.
- Work with the financial planning & analysis team to generate and distribute financial management reports.
- Oversee accounting activities, ensuring timely and accurate entries into general ledger, balance sheet reconciliations, as well as timely completion of other tasks this team is responsible for.
- Oversee the activities of accounts receivable to ensure the timely and accurate management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, and OEM receivables management.
- Oversee accounts payable, ensuring the timely and accurate processing of accounts payable.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes, data, and enhance the company’s value.
- Work with branch managers and other members of senior management.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and assemble a variety of special reports.
- Develop and implement process improvement plans for continued standardization of basic processes and work flows to increase productivity and prepare for continued growth.
- Other related duties as required.
Position Qualification Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting. CPA or MBA is a plus.
Experience: 10 plus years in a dynamic financial leadership role.
Skills/Knowledge: Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization. Experience with enterprise-wide business systems and proficiency in Microsoft Suite, mainly Excel. Experience with leading improvement projects a plus.
Physical Activities/Demands: Normal office environment which requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and see. May involve the ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects of up to 15 to 20 pounds, infrequently.
Veterans, reservists, and military spouses are encouraged to apply!
If you are interested in this position, please click below to apply!
Click through to see testimonials from both Hager’s amazing employees as well as Hager’s partners.
“I was recently invited to tour Hager’s manufacturing and distribution facilities in Montgomery, Alabama. I was impressed with the pro-people business approach that comes from the top down which, in this case, is, commendably, the Hager family.”
-Joe Calvert CSI CDT AHC SCIP, Calvert Independent Hardware Specifications, LLC.
“The American ingenuity and skilled labor stills exist at Hager. From the moment I walked in the door, I felt like part of the Hager family and tradition. I am thoroughly impressed with the entire organization, the employees, and the making of hinges.”
-Alan Fambrough A.H.C., John Oatley Builders Hardware Inc
lets get social
learn more about our company
interested in joining our team?
Click below is see Hager’s current job openings and apply to be a part of the Hager team today!