Territory Sales Representative
Location: Baltimore, MD
Perform duties required to promote sales and market acceptance of Hager products and architectural services. Call on architects and owners of buildings to get Hager products in the specifications, creating a demand for Hager products. Makes calls on distributors to create and support sales opportunities of Hager architectural and residential products. Enlist the services of internal (Hager) and contract spec writers as needed to provide specifications that include Hager products.
- Utilize a variety of resources to identify and execute sales leads in assigned territory.
- Call on distributors to maximize Hager sales and promote Hager’s Advantage Program.
- Call on architects, building owners, and general contractors to improve general awareness of the full Hager architectural product line, spec writing services, and acquire critical information about upcoming projects.
- Work with territory sales staff to achieve the sales and margin goals as established by Hager sales management.
- Work closely with other members of the assigned Hager sales team and share information regarding potential business in the assigned territory.
- Enlist services of Hager spec writers to provide specifications to architects and or contractors as needed to promote the sale of Hager products. Collaborate with Hager product management staff to help determine market needs.
- Operate within assigned Territory Sales Budget. Attend and/or provide support for dealer and trade shows in the assigned territory to promote Hager products.
- Give presentations and speak to large groups – including AIA lunch and learns to support attainment of 5 specifications per month.
- Join local professional organizations and attend meetings (i.e. AIA, CSI, DHI).
- Other related duties as required.
Position Qualification Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: At least two years business to business sales experience.
Skills / Knowledge: Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills; negotiation and problem-solving abilities and initiative. Must have superior presentation and public speaking skills. Needs to have good PC skills, including Microsoft Office and Power Point experience. Attention to detail, good follow-up and organizational skills are important.
Licenses / Certification: None required.
Physical Activities / Demands: Normal office environment which requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and see. May involve the ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects of up to 15 to 20 pounds, infrequently.
Knowledge of building products industry is a plus (but not required).
If you are interested in this position, please click below to apply!
Click through to see testimonials from both Hager’s amazing employees as well as Hager’s partners.
“I was recently invited to tour Hager’s manufacturing and distribution facilities in Montgomery, Alabama. I was impressed with the pro-people business approach that comes from the top down which, in this case, is, commendably, the Hager family.”
-Joe Calvert CSI CDT AHC SCIP, Calvert Independent Hardware Specifications, LLC.
“The American ingenuity and skilled labor stills exist at Hager. From the moment I walked in the door, I felt like part of the Hager family and tradition. I am thoroughly impressed with the entire organization, the employees, and the making of hinges.”
-Alan Fambrough A.H.C., John Oatley Builders Hardware Inc
lets get social
learn more about our company
interested in joining our team?
Click below is see Hager’s current job openings and apply to be a part of the Hager team today!