TECHNICAL SUPPORT CONSULTANT
Location: St. Louis, MO
Serve as commercial door hardware applications specialist to Hager Companies, its customers, and architectural community. Provide assistance and technical product training to Sales and Customer Service Coordinators, as well as new products training and refresher courses for assigned product lines.
- Provide technical support to the Hager Companies’ sales and customer service departments.
- Serve as applications support and technical liaison between Hager Companies sales & marketing, customer service, owners, architects, contract distributors, and other channel partners.
- Support technical bulletins, installation instructions, and other related documents, for insertion onto the Hager catalog and Web site.
- Provide suggestions as to technical information required by all sales and customer service staff.
- Handle quality issues with defective product by inputting claims and entering replacement orders, as required.
- Handle inspections of Returned Goods (RGAs).
- Provide cross references from competitor’s product via catalogs or Web sites to Hager’s exact or closest product available.
- Provide support to Customer Service Coordinators with questions on Hager orders as well as answering all calls transferred by them.
- Create quotes for modifications to existing products to provide custom hardware or to match competitor’s products.
- Enter keying requirements for basic key systems including keyed alike and keyed different systems.
Position Qualification Requirements
Education/Knowledge: BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience in other mechanical or electrical fields. AHC/EHC certifications are a plus, but not required.
Experience: Three years of experience in a similar technical position (support or field), or in a customer service position working with product support. Experience does not have to be limited to the door hardware industry. Experience in other mechanical or low voltage fields will be considered (ex: HVAC, mobile electronics, Access Control, audio/video, Networking, appliance repair, computer/cell phone repair, etc.) Understanding of basic low voltage electricity and circuits/relays including electronics troubleshooting is a plus.
Skills: Good verbal and written communication, public relations, public speaking, and presentation skills. Computer skills including experience with Microsoft office products. Ability to multi-task and handle multiple product lines and provide proper application of all hardware involved. Strong analytic and logical problem-solving skills with a demonstrated, attention to detail required.
Physical Activities / Demands: Normal office environment which requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and see. May involve the ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects of up to 15 to 20 pounds, infrequently.
If you are interested in this position, please click below to apply!
Click through to see testimonials from both Hager’s amazing employees as well as Hager’s partners.
“I was recently invited to tour Hager’s manufacturing and distribution facilities in Montgomery, Alabama. I was impressed with the pro-people business approach that comes from the top down which, in this case, is, commendably, the Hager family.”
-Joe Calvert CSI CDT AHC SCIP, Calvert Independent Hardware Specifications, LLC.
“The American ingenuity and skilled labor stills exist at Hager. From the moment I walked in the door, I felt like part of the Hager family and tradition. I am thoroughly impressed with the entire organization, the employees, and the making of hinges.”
-Alan Fambrough A.H.C., John Oatley Builders Hardware Inc
lets get social
learn more about our company
interested in joining our team?
Click below is see Hager’s current job openings and apply to be a part of the Hager team today!