Location: Montgomery, AL
Directly supervise a team of employees in the assigned manufacturing area. Responsible for meeting goals for safety, quality, productivity and on time delivery. Responsible for developing employee and creating a team approach to drive improvement and reduce cost. Responsible for managing the daily activities of the Planners and ensure that he/she confirms to the process determined by the Planning & Inventory Manager.
- Review schedule and ensure the production plan meets the requirements for on time delivery to the customer.
- Implement EHS programs to ensure a safe environment for the workforce.
- Lead measures to improve the quality, safety, productivity, and deliver of assigned areas.
- Develop an environment that supports employee involvement, teamwork and personnel development.
- Provide regular feedback to employees regarding goals, performance, initiatives and company programs.
- Establish proper safety training of cell personnel and develops employee’s involvement in maintaining a safe work environment. Investigates work related injuries and processes proper documentation for Workers Comp purposes. Resolves any safety related problems in an efficient and rapid method.
- Promote employee involvement through delegation of responsibility and accountability at the employee level. Act as a facilitator in group problem solving efforts.
- Establish, in conjunction with the Plant Manager, cell performance measures that are tracked on a regular basis to insure cell goals support plant and corporate goals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
Position Qualification Requirements
Education: Bachelors degree in Operations or Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and supervisory experience and training.
Experience: Preferred Minimum of five years supervisory experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment required prior to entry into position.
Skills / Knowledge: Requires a thorough knowledge of management principles, processes and techniques as applied to manufacturing and distribution operations and supervisory practices, along with the ability to apply principles to solve practical problems with situations where only limited standardization exist. Knowledge of door hardware to include experience with metal fabrication is preferred. Proficiency with computers and basic software packages, such as Microsoft Office.
This job title has a direct effect on hazardous waste management and / or hazardous waste accumulation, whether by direct contact with hazardous waste or through hazardous waste management activities and must receive training. Training will be conducted annually on the following topics:
- Facility emergency procedures contained within the Integrated Contingency Plan
- Hazardous waste determination / explanation
- Hazardous waste packaging
- Hazardous waste generator management requirements
- 45-hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Technician certification
This training must be completed within six months of their employment or assignment to this job position. Employees that have not completed the training are not permitted to work in unsupervised positions until they have completed the training.
Physical Activities / Demands: Normal office environment which requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and see. Light physical work. The employee is required to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, or otherwise move objects.
Machines / Tools / Equipment / Work Aids: Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Veterans, reservists, and military spouses are encouraged to apply!
If you are interested in this position, please click below to apply!
Click through to see testimonials from both Hager’s amazing employees as well as Hager’s partners.
“I was recently invited to tour Hager’s manufacturing and distribution facilities in Montgomery, Alabama. I was impressed with the pro-people business approach that comes from the top down which, in this case, is, commendably, the Hager family.”
-Joe Calvert CSI CDT AHC SCIP, Calvert Independent Hardware Specifications, LLC.
“The American ingenuity and skilled labor stills exist at Hager. From the moment I walked in the door, I felt like part of the Hager family and tradition. I am thoroughly impressed with the entire organization, the employees, and the making of hinges.”
-Alan Fambrough A.H.C., John Oatley Builders Hardware Inc
lets get social
learn more about our company
interested in joining our team?
Click below is see Hager’s current job openings and apply to be a part of the Hager team today!