IT SUPPORT ANALYST
Location: St. Louis, MO
The IT Technical Support Analyst is responsible for providing support of computer systems and networking infrastructure. The role will provide technical support directly to employees, performing on-the-spot diagnostic evaluations, discovering efficiency gains, and standardizing all routine tasks. The role will work in conjunction with IT staff members to support business partners, to ensure that all operational activities exceed the service level offerings along with business goals and objectives set for the enterprise. He/she will take help desk calls and assist in network administration and security. The role will also assist IT members with Active Directory Users & Computers, Group Policy Management, O365 administration, VoIP endpoint troubleshooting, and Exchange Management. The person will identify, prioritize, and assist in resolving critical infrastructure and security related issues that impact business operations across multiple business sites.
- Primary responsibility for day-to-day operations for the IT Help Desk, including prioritization and troubleshooting of end user support calls, root-cause analysis, and issue resolution. Ensure service delivery and customer satisfaction exceed service level agreements.
- Deploys new laptops, printers, and other hardware. Schedules and installs software upgrades for staff and public access computers, coordinates security updates and security software on personal computers. Configures and tests new or updated computer applications and hardware, tests software for compatibility with internal systems.
- Provide end user support, maintains up-to-date hardware/software on all end user machines and some network hardware, according to update schedule.
- Provide support for Windows/Linux physical and VMware servers, HP 3PAR SAN storage devices, and other related equipment.
- Create and maintain all standard work instructions and technical documentation as it relates to software applications, network configurations, and mappings.
- Assist with monitoring critical production processes and technologies that have high visibility and impact on business operations.
- Maintain company standards and assist with inventory management for both software, and hardware.
- Provide support for all software applications including ERP.
Position Qualification Requirements
Education: Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field strongly preferred. Associate (CCDA/CCNA), CompTIA (A+ and/or Network+), or Microsoft Network Administrator/Engineer (MCNA or MCSE) or a Microsoft Professional (MCP) a plus. Certifications in Microsoft VMWare, and Cisco a strong plus.
Experience: Hardware, software, networking, and configurations: 1 year (Preferred). Office365, Active Directory, VMware: 1 year (Preferred).
Skills / Knowledge: Ability to work efficiently under fast paced work environment while managing multiple priorities. Strong logical & analytical skills. Able to find root causes of problems & quickly implement efficient solutions. Able to properly prioritize user requests according to urgency. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to learn new technical and business concepts quickly. Knowledge of hardware and software, networking concepts and configurations, Windows Server Operating Systems, personal computers, laptops, printers (laser, inkjet, and barcode), and cabling systems required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Active Directory, O365 Administration, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Windows 10, MS Exchange required. General understanding of internet protocols (e.g., DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SSL) required. Experience with different network types (i.e., LAN, WAN, VPN) and Cisco switch configuration a plus. Working knowledge of storage arrays and server configuration using VMware a plus. Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP knowledge a plus. UNIX/Linux server knowledge a plus.
Physical Activities / Demands: Normal office environment which requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and see. May involve the ability to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects of up to 20 pounds, infrequently.
Veterans, reservists, and military spouses are encouraged to apply!
If you are interested in this position, please click below to apply!
Click through to see testimonials from both Hager’s amazing employees as well as Hager’s partners.
“I was recently invited to tour Hager’s manufacturing and distribution facilities in Montgomery, Alabama. I was impressed with the pro-people business approach that comes from the top down which, in this case, is, commendably, the Hager family.”
-Joe Calvert CSI CDT AHC SCIP, Calvert Independent Hardware Specifications, LLC.
“The American ingenuity and skilled labor stills exist at Hager. From the moment I walked in the door, I felt like part of the Hager family and tradition. I am thoroughly impressed with the entire organization, the employees, and the making of hinges.”
-Alan Fambrough A.H.C., John Oatley Builders Hardware Inc
lets get social
learn more about our company
interested in joining our team?
Click below is see Hager’s current job openings and apply to be a part of the Hager team today!