ARCHITECTURAL SPECIFICATION CONSULTANT
Location: This position can be located anywhere within the state of North Carolina. Must be willing to have a home office.
Perform duties required to promote market acceptance and demand of Hager architectural products in an assigned territory. Work with all Hager Sales Representative teams as required to track all opportunities created through the efforts from demand creation to order.
- Identify and execute sales leads in assigned territory, using Insight as well as any other lead services in your area.
- Call on architects and design build general contractors to improve general awareness of the full Hager product line with an emphasis on electronic security hardware, our consulting and specification writing services, and acquire critical information about upcoming projects.
- Give minimum of 12 presentations per year (A1A or Hager specific) educating attendees on Hager products and services.
- Provide consulting and spec writing services to architects and design build general contractors to reach yearly targeted goals set forth by management.
- Concentrate on firms who support Hager and our products to result in an increase of Hager specified value year over year.
- Utilize Hager’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) program to follow project from origination through submittal review.
- Maintain ongoing relationship with Hager sales reps and share information regarding potential business in the assigned territory, notifying them of jobs that will be available for quoting as well as substitution requests and submittal information.
- Operate within assigned budget.
- Join local CSI and/or AIA chapter and attend meetings and local trade shows.
- Join national DHI organization and attend local chapter meetings and trade shows.
- Attend educational seminars, webinars, and industry conferences as required to maintain credentials.
- Other related duties as required.
Position Qualification Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: At least two years business to business sales experience.
Skills / Knowledge: Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills; negotiation and problem-solving abilities and initiative. Must have superior presentation and public speaking skills. Needs to have good PC skills, including Microsoft Office and Power Point experience. Attention to detail, good follow-up and organizational skills are important. *General knowledge of the building industry with an emphasis in the door opening industry is a plus but is not required.
Licenses / Certifications: CDT (Construction Document Technologist) certification is recommended but not required. If it has not been obtained previously then in must be obtained within 2 years from taking the position. A minimum DHI (Door and Hardware Industry) certification of DHT (Door Hardware Technician) is recommended but not required. If this has not been obtained previously then it must be obtained within 4 years from taking the position.
Travel: Must be able to travel within assigned territory without restrictions, approximately 50% – 60% of the time (domestic only).
Physical Activities / Demands: Normal office environment which requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and see. May involve the ability to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects of up to 20 pounds, infrequently.
If you are interested in this position, please click below to apply!
Click through to see testimonials from both Hager’s amazing employees as well as Hager’s partners.
“I was recently invited to tour Hager’s manufacturing and distribution facilities in Montgomery, Alabama. I was impressed with the pro-people business approach that comes from the top down which, in this case, is, commendably, the Hager family.”
-Joe Calvert CSI CDT AHC SCIP, Calvert Independent Hardware Specifications, LLC.
“The American ingenuity and skilled labor stills exist at Hager. From the moment I walked in the door, I felt like part of the Hager family and tradition. I am thoroughly impressed with the entire organization, the employees, and the making of hinges.”
-Alan Fambrough A.H.C., John Oatley Builders Hardware Inc
lets get social
learn more about our company
interested in joining our team?
Click below is see Hager’s current job openings and apply to be a part of the Hager team today!