Location: Montgomery, AL
Install, troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and improve machinery, equipment, physical structures, piping, and electrical systems in the plant following specifications, blueprints, manuals, and schematic drawings using measuring instruments and industry standard devices. Must be able and willing to work independently or in a team atmosphere based on needs of the company.
- Diagnose and replace faulty mechanical, electro-mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
- Listen, feel, and visually inspect machines or equipment to detect malfunction or deterring conditions.
- Dismantle machines and equipment and install new or refurbished parts.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair electrical systems, electro-mechanical apparatus’s, electrical, and electronic components of machines and equipment.
- Layout, assemble, install and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Perform necessary welding, cutting, brazing, and sheet metal operations required in repairing equipment.
- Plan layout of wiring and install wiring, conduit and electrical apparatus’s for machinery, equipment, and building.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on equipment and machinery.
- Track, record, and document asset time usage.
- Support inventory management guidelines.
- Follow all safety and environmental regulations.
- Engage and show competent knowledge in provided training.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
Position Qualification Requirements
Education: High school diploma or general equivalent degree (GED). Ideal candidates will have machine OEM, related military schooling, or additional post-secondary knowledge in equipment, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance.
Experience: Five years prior hands on maintenance experience in an industrial setting.
Skills/Knowledge: Strong preference in the ability to use elementary geometry, trigonometric, and algebra principles together with complicated drawings and blueprints, specifications, charts, tables, and electrical schematics. Various types of precision measuring instruments. Interpretation of data and measuring devices requiring advanced skills and knowledge. Equivalent to 1 –3 years applied trades training in a particular or specialized occupation. Knowledge of mechanical, electro-mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, and pneumatic systems; welding/brazing/torch/plasma cutter. Hand tools, Power tools, Two-way Radio, multi-meters, Calibration Equipment, Welding Equipment, Man-lift, Forklift.
This job title has a direct effect on hazardous waste management and / or hazardous waste accumulation, whether by direct contact with hazardous waste or through hazardous waste management activities and must receive training. Training will be conducted annually on the following topics:
- Facility emergency procedures contained within the Integrated Contingency Plan
- Hazardous waste determination / explanation
- Hazardous waste packaging
- Hazardous waste generator management requirements
- Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Technician certification
This training must be completed within six months of their employment or assignment to this job position based on availability of training. Employees that have not completed the training are not permitted to work in unsupervised positions until they have completed the training.
Physical Activities / Demands: Physical demands commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job which requires the ability to stand, walk, sit, reach, push, pull, grasp, talk, hear, and see. The employee is required to lift over 60 pounds occasionally and/or 25 to 60 pounds frequently and /or 5 to 25 pounds continuously from floor to waist in an awkward position and move a distance of 1 or 2 feet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to maintain a level state of alertness while performing this job.
Licenses Required: Forklift & Manlift Operator Certifications (in house)
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Veterans, reservists, and military spouses are encouraged to apply!
If you are interested in this position, please click below to apply!
Click through to see testimonials from both Hager’s amazing employees as well as Hager’s partners.
“I was recently invited to tour Hager’s manufacturing and distribution facilities in Montgomery, Alabama. I was impressed with the pro-people business approach that comes from the top down which, in this case, is, commendably, the Hager family.”
-Joe Calvert CSI CDT AHC SCIP, Calvert Independent Hardware Specifications, LLC.
“The American ingenuity and skilled labor stills exist at Hager. From the moment I walked in the door, I felt like part of the Hager family and tradition. I am thoroughly impressed with the entire organization, the employees, and the making of hinges.”
-Alan Fambrough A.H.C., John Oatley Builders Hardware Inc
lets get social
learn more about our company
interested in joining our team?
Click below is see Hager’s current job openings and apply to be a part of the Hager team today!